Special Sensory Examination of Meat
- Meat color measurement
- Determination of drip loss, grilling/roasting losses
- Here, the amount of meat juice lost during grilling or roasting is determined.
- Cooking and roasting sample for sensory evaluation of volatile odor substances
- Determination of drying losses of meat products
- Determination of the glaze content of frozen fish
- Fluoroscopy of fish for the detection of nematode larvae
- Knocking reaction of mussels
Here, the reaction of mussels to a knock test is checked. This can be used to determine how high the live content is in a pack.
The following factors play a role in the examination of egg quality characteristics:
- Egg white height measurement
- Yolk position
- Air chamber height
- Appearance of shell / cuticle
- Egg white
- Sensory properties in raw and prepared state
- pH values
Determination of the proportions of different components in a product by gravimetric separation and subsequent weighing of the individual components.
Measurement of the water activity, or the freely available water in a food product. This gives an indication of the possibility of microorganism growth and thus has an influence on the shelf life of foodstuffs.
Verification of nominal quantities on packages
- Gross, net, tare weights
- Drained weights
- Volume determination
Examination for foreign matter
- Foreign matter analysis
- Pest infestation